All applicants to Chapel Hill Academy are required to submit an enrollment application in order to be considered for admission. The application period is
January 16 – February 20, 2020.
Limited Openings Remain for 2019-2020
Application for 2020-2021 School Year
Opens January 16, 2020
- Complete the online application by the enrollment deadline.
- Drawing for available spots will take place February 21, 2020. Chapel Hill Academy will contact families by email and phone in the order drawn until all available slots are filled.
- Families have 48 hours to respond to an offer of enrollment.
Admission Process of Returning Students
Students currently attending Chapel Hill Academy who intend to return the next school year are given priority in admission, provided they notify the school of their intent to return by February 7, 2020. In addition, the following individuals are excluded from the lottery and receive priority for admission:
- Siblings* of currently enrolled students
- Children of teachers and staff currently employed at Chapel Hill Academy, and
- Children of the founders of Chapel Hill Academy, as allowed by federal guidance in the Charter Schools Program.
*For this policy, “sibling” refers to a biological or legally adopted brother or sister residing in the same household as the currently enrolled student. Cousins, nieces, nephews and unrelated children sharing an address are not considered siblings.
and Wait List Development
When the number of applications received exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery drawing will be conducted via lottery selection software under the supervision of the campus principal or her/his designee. For the 2020-2021 school year, the lottery drawing will be held February 21, 2020 and will include all eligible applications received by 4:00 pm on February 20. If all available seats allowed by the enrollment cap are filled, a waiting list will be created using the randomly selected numbers from the lottery drawing for the remaining applicants. As seats become available, applicants from the waiting list will be called, beginning with applicants with the lowest number assignment. Applications received after the lottery application deadline will be considered for enrollment based on available openings. If no available openings exist, then the application will be assigned to the waiting list in the order received.